Saturday, May 4, 2013

The name behind the Blog

Do you sometimes find that at the end of a day you didn't achieve what you wanted to?  

OH YAYS!  

From today, I'm going to plan my days based on 'Units' of time.  The idea came from the 'About a Boy' movie starring Hugh Grant in his role as Will:

I find the key is to think of a day as units of time, each unit consisting of no more than thirty minutes. Full hours can be a little bit intimidating and most activities take about half an hour. Taking a bath: one unit, watching countdown: one unit, web-based research: two units, exercising: three units, having my hair carefully disheveled: four units. It's amazing how the day fills up, and I often wonder, to be absolutely honest, if I'd ever have time for a job; how do people cram them in?

I figure that if I set daily/weekly goals for myself in 'units', then I have a better chance of getting done what I need to and I'll have a greater sense of achievement at the end of each day/week.  I will commit to mapping out my daily/weekly goals via this blog and will provide daily postings (when possible). 


Simples,
Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment